Thursday, November 9, 2017

From Ooty to Masinagudi

Ten years back on a cold December night I cuddled with V at Holiday Inn Ooty. That was our honeymoon trip.  After a decade, ooty is not as welcoming as it was. Blame it on the travel boom  in India - every long weekend the highways are over crowded and everybody is celebrating the social media limelight of going on vacations  :)

But thank fully our primary abode - or today's home as my little one called it was not in Ooty but a resort in Masinagudi - a small hill side foggy town  with breathtaking view.


The hot spicy indian buffet dinnet in the cold misty night was really sumptous.. The chicken was tender and juicy and really well cooked and tasty. I savored it in leisure brushing aside my guilt of eating it when trying to be almost vegetarian.. ;)

The road to the resort though is very rickety and can make sure you have a huge appetite for their yummy food when you reach. The morning view is breathtaking too..

Walking across the green mountains with the birds chirping and the chilly winds kissing your face .. it surely is a well deserved break for all city dwellers. There were many large groups dancing to the tunes of "Jimki kammal " and playing musical chair around the camp fire or in front of their pretty cottages.

I remembered the last time we had gone in a large group.Our whole extended family was in Bangalore for my sisters engagement and  we all had gone to the bennarghatta zoo. I'll leave the details for some other time.

Coming back to our Masinagudi trip, it did include a wild life safari in Bandipur forest. Kids enjoyed seeing lots and lots of deer and monkeys. My younger one loves elephants a lot and was too excited to see a baby elephant roaming around with her mom. And of course she had to be named Bandila after the forest she was born in. We also saw many of the kapish monkeys eating peanuts, fruits and what not. CutieA also loved seeing a peacock perched on top of a gate while master V was more interested in the big black bear couple and kept peeking to spot a tiger or leopard.

And finally as is the case with all good things, the vacation ends and we come back to our usual routine back home. I miss the school times when we used to go on summer vacation for 3 months and by the end of it would yearn to come back home. But sigh. guess those are the real luxuries of our times now. You can afford vacations on jet planes or a yacht but lazing around in the mangroves and aiming for guavas for 3 whole months.. I wonder if anybody does that now.. Do drop a comment if you think it is still happening somewhere and i would love to take my kids there.

No comments:

The 'Crush'er..

At age 13 I was a lanky boy with slight traces of a moustach below my nose.I was shy and except during classes, I always wore my sports ca...