Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Road Not taken


Today on orkut i came across one of my school seniors n in her album i found the caption "An H4 and indefinite time made me an artist".This was a caption given to a picture she had made.. It got me thinking..How very true.. At one point i had to make a choice too between an H1 and H4.. Somehow the H1 thing never worked out n here i am on H4 with lots of time, resulting in the discovery of the blogger in me...
Decisions are taken everyday in our life.. from the small things like what to wear to bigger issues at work or something else.. We all take chances.. We reach a point where the road diverges.. Taking one path leaves the other unexplored.. However we never know.. Had we taken the other, some day whether it merges with its alternate choice, we dont know.. Choices galore but u can choose only one.. What a pity you have only one life!!
Sometimes u want to turn back, erase just one day of ur life.. u want to make it all just a dream..You wish that you had done or not done something.. guilt eats up ur conscience n you feel pathetic.. i had been through such phases in my life.. But then, i saw the movie "Time Machine".The hero invents the time machine sweating his blood, working day n nights so he could bring back his lost lady love by changing a freak accident which killed her in front of his eyes.. He was guilty he couldn't save her.. But when he goes back there on the time machine even though he took a different route, he lost her.. only, in a different way!!

Does it mean all roads lead to the same destination??? i don't know..
On this note i leave u with Robert frost's poem which kept ringing in my mind.. Do tell me wat thought it brings to u..


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.



I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very true words... Even my condition is still the same.. Sometimes feel like that one day ,the day on which the decision of was taken of flying shld have come once again so that cud have changed the decision.But then too far apart better half...Cant think off..Always be optimistic..Both roads will meet at some point of life:-)..Keep waiting..

Venki said...

This is one of my favourite poems, ya fortunately or unfortunately we get a chance to take a single road only,but the author sure took the road less travelled and that has made all the difference but i am ruing that i dint take the other one,infact started my second version of bloggin i.e this website with that verse only,wat a poet frost is!!

diyadear said...

hey anonymous, testing times wont last long.. So do cheer up!
Venki,i dont know if it works to take the road less travelled.. It will make atleast the deciding part easier even if the road may be tough to traverse..

Preeti Shenoy said...

I have loved this poem by Frost.When i read your post (a beautiful post, i must say)two things came to my mind.
One is a book I read long ago by M.Scott peck.it is called "the road less travelled".It remains one of my favourite books.Another is a book by Audrey niffeneger.It is called "time traveller's wife".It is am amazing book.Do read both if you can.You wont regret both--wherever the roads converge!
Well written.Nice picture too.

diyadear said...

Thanks Ps. will try to read..

The 'Crush'er..

At age 13 I was a lanky boy with slight traces of a moustach below my nose.I was shy and except during classes, I always wore my sports ca...