Thursday, November 22, 2018

My posts on Momspresso - The bane called work form Home

It is 3.15 PM and I'm trying to somehow finish all the tasks
 assigned to me for the day.. But then my little one started
wailing in sleep and since she is now almost 3 she is very
much aware even during a nap that mamma is at home.
Now she wouldn't lether nanny take her and put her to sleep,
 she is adamant she wants mamma.. Now an anxious me
again put her to sleep - I had just done that about 1.5 hours
before after which I had some lunchand got back to work.
After losing out on a good 20-25 minutes I sit on my laptop
 again when its time for my father -in laws tea. And since the
 DIL is at home he doesn't want it from the hands of the
maid but wants his D-I-L to have tea with him. ours is not
a traditional or strict kind of household where I have to do
 all kitchen chores and all that for in the in- laws. But then
I get a subtle hint from him "chalo beta, aaj saath mei chai
peete hai." I can very well turn him down saying I have work
 but I know he likes these small chit chats with me and ..
I give in..
By 4:15 i quickly finish tea and enter  my room and lock the
 door all set to conquer all my tasks for the day. In less than
15 minutes the door bell rings and the water purifier servicing
 guy is here.I hear the conversations outside but stay put at
my office task. The guy gets his job done of cleaning the filter
 and soon enough he realized that some part needs a replacement and this 4000K
question now knocks at my door..

Does all this sound familiar?? I have had similar experiences
not only on this one day but more or less everyday i opt to
work from home. May be I don't do it everyday and hence
people act differently on these special days including my
daughter. I hate it when she asks me,  "mamma, why do you
go to office daily??"I have to give her examples like we eat
 food daily, we sleep daily so this is also a daily routine and
then we have the sing song for Saturday Sunday holiday
which makes her very happy and we all eagerly yearn and
wait for weekend.
For women although this WFH is a career saver , i don't think
it is less than a bane.. Anyone agree with me?

No comments:

The 'Crush'er..

At age 13 I was a lanky boy with slight traces of a moustach below my nose.I was shy and except during classes, I always wore my sports ca...